mercredi 21 mai 2008
THE STORE, curated by Adam Carr / Tulips & Roses, Vilnius
May 23rd - June 21st, 2008
Curated by Adam Carr
With works by: Saâdane Afif, Olivier Babin, Stella Capes, Tomas Chaffe, Jason Dodge, Gintaras Didziapetris, Claire Fontaine, Liam Gillick, Loris Gréaud, Arunas Gudaitis, Henrik Plenge Jakobsen, Gabriel Kuri, Matthieu Laurette, Juozas Laivys, Flávia Müller Medeiros, Darius Miksys, Jonathan Monk, Paola Pivi, Dan Rees, Hannah Rickards, Yann Sérandour, Dexter Sinister, Andreas Slominski, Superflex, Ron Terada, Mungo Thomson, Mario Garcia Torres, Tris Vonna-Michell
And other people's projects: ‘Top 100’ by Davide Bertocchi; 'Dot Dot Dot' by Dexter Sinister; 'Lester & Malasauskas' by Raimundas Malasauskas & Gabriel Lester; 'Old News' by Jacob Fabricius; 'Pin-Up Badges' by Pierre Beloüin & Nicolas Simonin
Tulips & Roses, Vilnius is extremely delighted to announce its inaugural exhibition, THE STORE, curated by Adam Carr.
THE STORE takes as its starting point the location of the gallery--Vilnius, a place in which the art market has just begun--and its occasion--the galleries inaugural exhibition--to form a celebration of the art object while aspiring to provide critical reflection on the manner by which it operates in the eyes of the art market.
All of the artists included in THE STORE have been invited to participate with works that will available to the general public. The result is an inventory comprising artwork by over 25 international artists, as well as projects curated by other people, all of which can be purchased at relatively small prices or be taken away for free. THE STORE therefore offers artworks to a mass audience usually conserved in a private gallery context for a selective few, and in doing so aims to offer a new experience not only within private commercial galleries but for exhibition going entirely. Interestingly, by making purchases from the goods on offer--selecting a pair of keys, a poster and not say a slice of a cake and/or a napkin, for example--viewers will in effect be curating their own shows for which can be taken away with them. This shifts the role of the spectator into consumer and active participant, and in response to their activity, the exhibition will be subjected to perpetual change, order and reorder--altering both its form and meaning.
Adam Carr is an independent curator and writer currently based in London.
For further information concerning the exhibition, please contact the gallery or see in store.
TULIPS & ROSES
Gaono g. 10
LT - 01131
Archives du blog
- Centre de documentation et de recherche d'IMMANENC...
- mulhouse 008 - La création contemporaine issue des...
- Les livres d'artistes au Musée d'art moderne et co...
- Il se peut qu'ils n'aient pas mangé assez de crust...
- Fleur bleue de Flynn Maria Bergman, Ed. Navarino
- SANS UN JE de Julia Sørensen, art&fiction, 2008.
- Diligence présente MULTIPLY du 29 mai au 10 juin 2...
- THE STORE, curated by Adam Carr / Tulips & Roses, ...
- Un énorme exercice de Tito Honegger et Jacques Jou...
- 2ème édition du Salon du Livre d'Art et d'Artiste ...
- NATALI - CAHIERS DE DESSIN CONTEMPORAIN #6 - Arts ...
- TOM DE PEKIN - CAHIERS DE DESSIN CONTEMPORAIN #5 -...
- JOCHEN GERNER - CAHIERS DE DESSIN CONTEMPORAIN #4 ...
- ▼ mai (13)